BITUCLAD - Double-Layer Torch-On Membrane Waterproofing
For waterproofing low-slope roofs, gutters and parapets, and between concrete slabs
Viking Bituclad is a CodeMark Certified, BRANZ appraised, modified bitumen membrane system. It is designed for the most challenging of above and below-ground waterproofing applications.
Each layer of its double-layer system is torched on; the heat of which maximises the seal to the most intricate and vulnerable areas for leaks such as roof penetrations, internal corners and gutter junctions.
CodeMark NZ Certified
CodeMark is the toughest certificate to get, demonstrating the highest quality of product and supplier. It guarantees that the consent will be granted (for the roofing system) when specified as per the CodeMark Certificate.
Read more about CodeMark products: http://www.dbh.govt.nz/product-certification
Double layer system - Base sheet; Mineral chip-cap sheet
The 3mm "base" sheet (an APP asphalt based membrane) followed by an attractive 4mm mineral-chip "cap" sheet available in black and grey, make up the double-layer system which also protects the roof from harsh UV, ozone, rot and puncturing.
Protects the building
It is UV and Ozone depletion resistant, as well as rot and puncture resistant.
Suitable for inland and coastal conditions
Viking Bituclad can be installed on buildings and homes, whether they are in the heartland of New Zealand or along our stunning coastlines.
Withstanding the cold
Viking Bituclad SBS is a rubberised system for extreme climates. It won't crack during cold winter months as it is flexible up to -15 C, perfect for buildings and homes in the Central North Island and Lower South Island.
Viking Bituclad FAQs
1. Can Bituclad be applied to concrete or plywood substrates? Yes, it can be applied to both. Refer to the concrete and plywood substrate checklists for full details.
2. Is Bituclad a potable water source? No. However, a coating can be applied to make Bituclad a potable water source.
3. Will lichen collect on a Bituclad roof? Yes, however this is easy to clean using a light chlorine-based cleaner. Please contact Viking Roofspec for recommended products.
4. What colours are available in the Bituclad range? Light Grey and Black are readily available, with other colours available on indent.
5. Appearance aside, are there any differences in the colours? The only difference is in the Solar Reflective Index; Light Grey has better solar reflectivity than Black, resulting in a cooler building.
6. What function does the mineral-chip in the cap-sheet serve? It provides the membrane with UV protection.
7. Can Bituclad be installed as a one-layer system? No, it must be installed as a two-layer system as each layer serves an important function.
8. Can I install Bituclad over my old rubber roof/deck? No.
9. Can Bituclad be installed on a pitched roof surface? Yes, Bituclad can be manipulated on installation to provide protection to most roof designs.
10. Does Bituclad possess the ability to cope with substrate movement? Yes.
11. Is a Bituclad roof classified as a light-weight roof? Yes.
Ease of Approvals
With a BRANZ appraisal and specification documents available online, you have the information at your fingertips to assist with approval from authorities.
Masterspec Reference - 4423SB
Viking Bituclad has a 20 year product warranty and is eligible for our comprehensive full system warranty. Our full system warranty is our product and installation warranty in one document. To find out more about our full system warranty please click here.
Manufactured by one of Europe’s leading modified bitumen membrane manufacturers, Viking Bituclad is produced to the precise standards synonymous with Italian manufacturing, thus successfully waterproofing New Zealanders for the last decade.
For all your waterproofing needs, Viking Bituclad offers the best quality double-layer torch-on membrane.
Enquire about Bituclad Torch On Membrane Waterproofing »
Accessories & Applications
Drain - Viking Dropper Drain (IMT400 / IMT401)
80mm and 100mm dropper drains respectively with a flange for torching to and anti-up rings.
Drains - Surefix Roof Outlets (IMT500 / IMT501 / IMT502)
IMT500 (Roof Outlet 80mm), IMT501 (Roof Outlet 100mm), IMT502 (Roof Outlet 150mm)
These high spec drainage outlets come with a leaf/gravel grate, flange, membrane clamping ring and anti-back-up flange rings on their pipes.
Leaf Grate (IMT301)
Leaf Grate to fit 100 x 65mm scupper).
Leaf Gravel Grate (IMT302)
This leaf/gravel grate is manufactured from tough, UV and ozone resistant PVC and will accommodate pipes from 60mm to 200mm.
Leaf Gravel Grate (IMT304)
This leaf/gravel grate is manufactured from tough, UV and ozone resistant PVC and can accommodate outlet diameters of 75mm to 125mm.
Leaf Gravel Grates (IMT303)
This leaf/gravel Grate is manufactured from tough, UV and ozone resistant PVC and will accommodate pipes from 60mm to 110mm.
Scupper (Rubco) (IMT104)
These scupper outlets have been designed to make the detailing of waterproofing membrane in through wall outlets easy. They have a built in fillet and an opening 200 x 75mm (E2 AS 1 compliant). This product is compatible with all membranes except Dec-K-ing and Enviroclad.
Scupper - Overflow (Rubco) (IMT105)
Conduit installed 150mm above surface as safety outlet for flooding. To be use with all Viking membrane except for Dec-K-ing and Enviroclad. Opening 200mm x 75mm
Scupper Outlets (IMT100 / IMT101 / IMT102)
IMT100 (65mm x 100mm, IMT101 (100mm x 100mm), IMT102 (50mm x 40mm)
Made from Dutral thermoplastic rubber material, these scupper outlets have been designed for torch-on membranes to make their detailing through parapet walls easy. Leaf grates are also available for use in conjunction with these scupper outlets.
Torch-on Primer - Solvent (SES299)
Bituminous (Solvent based) primer to be used on concrete as a substrate primer for peel and stick and Bituclad base sheet.
Torch-on Primer - Water based (SES300)
Water based bitumen primer for plywood substrates.
Vent - Aluminium (IMV111 / IMV112)
Roof Vent Aluminium Grey/White Mushroom. Pressure release mechanism for ventilating roof or moisture vapour. These Vents can be used with all Viking membranes.
Viking Protection Sheet
This soft but tough polypropylene protection sheet is laid over a new membrane roof or deck installation to protect the membrane throughout construction. It is held in place with a polyethylene tape.
Protection Sheet - SRG003
Polyethylene Tape - SPT001
- Gutter Lining
- Deck Membranes (waterproofing under floating decks)
- Low Slope (almost-flat) Roofs