The Viking Decoupling System is to be used where tiles are required as an overlay of a waterproofed deck and when installation of the Buzon pedestal protection system is not an option.
It is designed to allow independent adhesion of tiles over Viking Enviroclad when used as a deck waterproofing layer. As the name suggests the Viking Decoupling system provides a slip or decoupling layer between the waterproofing layer and the tiles.
The Decoupling system is laid over the waterproofed substrate with a base adhesive which is designed to ‘let-go’ after the tiles have been adhered to the top face of the decoupling sheet. This ensures that movement within the building substrate and movement in the tiles can be kept independent and most importantly protect the waterproofing layer. If later removal of the tiles is required this will not adversely affect the waterproofing layer.
Viking Decoupling System is an accessory to complement Viking Roofspec’s Enviroclad 1.52mm waterproofing membrane.
- Allows independent movement of tiles and the substrate
- Reduces latitudinal stress caused by heating/cooling
- Protects the waterproofing layer
- Tiles may be removed at a later date without adversely affecting the waterproofing layer
- Suitable for laying tiles where pedestals may not be possible or desirable