WarmRoof - a waterproof roofing insulation system
A warm roof (for low slope roofs) is “a roof where the roof insulation is installed on top of the structure” i.e. insulated from the outside of the building.
One if the benefits of a thermally efficient warm roof is the transfer of a building's dew point to the outside. This prevents internal dampness of structural materials and negates the need for vents that would normally allow air to escape.
A Viking WarmRoof system is BRANZ appraised (Appraisal No. 713), insuring it meets New Zealand building code requirements.
A Viking WarmRoof system is perfect as an overlay option on any existing roof - including metal
Why a Viking WarmRoof system?
Thermal performance helps towards achieving green star points
Highest possible fire performance (Group 1-S)
World leading rigid insulation boards - Kingspan Polyiso
Highest R-Value - maximum ROI
F.A.S.T adhesive to secure panels to substrate (avoids mechanical fasteners and thermal bridging)
Environmentally friendly insulation - no CFs in manufacture
Tapered option to maximise watershed
Compatible with any of Viking's membrane systems - including Torch-On
With a correctly designed warm roof:
- The dew point is on the outside of the building = no damp or rotten materials inside
- No ventilation of the ceiling cavity is required
- Thermal bridging is avoided
- The roof cavity is clear for wiring
- Savings in air conditioning and heating costs
- Rigid insulation sheets = structural integrity to the roof
- Significantly higher R-values are achieved
- Easily retrofitted onto an existing building
Additional System Features
Specialised two-part foam adhesive to secure panels to substrate (avoids mechanical fasteners and therefore thermal bridging)
Rigid roof insulation sheets = dimensional stability
Installed only by Viking Licensed Applicators
20-year product warranty
Full System Warranty Option: 20-years