The focus on improving the quality of life in our urban environments and reducing the impact on our buildings, can be assisted with the installation of a Viking Roof Garden System.
A roof garden is a roof that is partially or completely covered with vegetation and soil; lined by a membrane that ensures the living space below remains watertight.
As compelling as the idea of a roof garden can be, there are several facets that must be executed correctly to ensure a successful roof garden installation. A dead roof garden, or worse-still, a leaking one is a hugely expensive issue to resolve.
Key factors include:
- An appropriate waterproofing membrane layer
- Only trained applicators installing that membrane system – (to the manufacturer’s specification)
- Proven roof garden drainage components that have been sourced from the same reputable manufacturer
- The soil (a.k.a ‘growth medium’) having been specifically formulated for roof gardens eg: high draining soil full of pumice , compost and perlite
- Plants and grasses that aren’t too thirsty and don’t possess aggressive root structures
- A maintenance programme employed, or better still, proprietary watering system
The Viking Roof Garden system offers both functional and aesthetically appealing benefits:
- Reduces storm water runoff
- Air and water purification
- Protects roof membrane from climatic extremes
Sound and temperature control
Insulates and shades building
Provides a pleasant outdoor area
Utilises a buildings ‘5th wall’
Installed only by a Viking Approved Applicator
20-year product warranty
Full System Warranty Option: 20-year
BRANZ appraised (Appraisal No. 903)
Viking Roofspec understands that each roof garden is unique. We work with all project stakeholders to create a custom roof system that meets New Zealand Building Code requirements; the challenges of the local climate; and the needs of the building owner.